If you want to get spray foam insulation done in your Ottawa, ON home you might be wondering if you should get it professionally installed.
There are a number of reasons why you would want to consider having spray foam insualtion professionally done. Here are some of them:
Why spray foam installation should be done by a professional
Many things could go wrong if your spray foam installation is not done by a professional. Some of the issues that may arise include:
- The spray foam not being thick enough
- Some leakage sites may be missed
- There could be too much or too little spray foam
Any of those could spell a costly disaster in your home and then would would miss out on all the great benefits of spray foam insulation such as:
- Huge heating and cooling savings monthly
- Use your HVAC equipment less often, improving your home’s energy efficiency.
- Adds resale value to your Ottawa home
- Reduces allergens, moisture and pollutants
- Keeps your family comfortable year round, even during cold bitter winters or hot summers
- Reduces the risk of drafts, hot or cold spots
- Minimizes noise from external sources and even from within your Ottawa home, for instance, plumbing runs
- Closed-cell insulation adds structural integrity to your home
- Spray foam is fire and insect resistan
Other great benefits of spray foam installation in Ottawa
Initial installation is a bit expensive. It could even be 3 times more when compared to other types of installation. Long term savings outweigh cost differences. The difference in price will have been recovered within the first 5 years. Savings continue throughout the life of the home. Spray foam will not deteriorate, meaning that the savings continue indefinitely.
- Strengthens your walls
- Spray foam increases the strength of your walls. It acts like glue, holding your roof sheathing in place, especially during high winds.
- Savings on heating and cooling costs
- Only one application is required in order to seal and insulate. A contractor will be done within no time.
- Keeps mold and allergens at bay
Air gaps can allow mold spores to enter your Ottawa home. When these spores settle on moist spots, they will begin to grow. Spray foam insulation prevents moisture from entering the home.
All in All
There are many benefits of Spray Foam insulation in Ottawa. You will save on heating and cooling costs, keep allergens at bay, reduce noise, strengthen your walls and increase your home resale value. Most importantly, your spray foam insulation needs to be installed by a professional to avoid issues like some leakage sites being leaked.