The amount of cool air escaping your home every day can fill up a blimp. Take a second to think about it. How well do you utilize energy in your home? Home insulation can play a huge role in the efficient use of energy.
Based on the law of thermodynamics, heat tends to flow in one direction- from warm spaces to colder ones. During winter heat tends to move from the warmer regions of the home to colder rooms like your basement or attic. The opposite happens in summer. This usually means massive utility losses for many homes and/or businesses. There are several types of home insulation methods, but spray foam is the best.
Most of the other insulation products are made using materials like cellulose or fiberglass which aren’t able to create the airtight seal that our homes and businesses need. Spray foam attic insulation provides this airtight seal. When sprayed in place, the foam can fill up spaces and block holes that compromise energy in your home or building.
Spray foam guarantees savings of up to 50% or more. This method can literally cut your energy bills in half. When installed wrongly, a home and/or business owner will experience losses. If you leave gaps you will end up lowering the efficiency of this product which means higher energy costs for you. Also, spray foam’s method of preparation involves mixing two chemicals. If you mix those chemicals wrongly, you’re not only endangering your property, but your own life as well.
There are many professionals who can handle attic insulation in Ottawa and this is both good and bad. Good in the sense that it is easy to find affordable spray foam insulation services and bad because this means it is very easy for customers to be duped. There are a few key things you need to do before settling on a contractor;
- Ask around for a reputable insulation company. Start with your friends and family.
- Do your own research on spray foam insulation. This will help you understand the process more and can also help you gauge how knowledgeable your contractor is.
- Ask an insulation company to provide you with references from satisfied clients. If a company is truly knowledgeable and has nothing to hide, they should be fully willing to give you references which are your best way of finding out how good they are.
Should you decide to install spray foam insulation (the most superior insulation method), you will enjoy the following benefits:
- An airtight seal that makes it difficult for air to escape. It also keeps dust, rodents and insects from entering your home.
- Huge savings on your utility bills
- Thanks to its airtight quality, spray foam also creates an effective noise barrier thus eliminating any loud distractions.
- It is highly durable
- Does not catch mold etc.
Spray foam insulation is definitely the best choice for any home, attic, basement, etc. in Ottawa. It’s that kind of product that keeps your home and pocket comfortable because it is so affordable. You and your family deserve a home you can all be proud of. Choose a professional who understands this product and enjoy comfort at an affordable price today!